Saturday, March 22, 2008

Roller Coaster Ride

Well, I have been saying this time in my life is like a ride on a roller coaster and... I am seeing how appropriate the analogy is so... here I go blabbing on to you guys. On a roller coaster you get in and simply trust. You have NO CONTROL over where you go, how fast you go, or any part of the ride. The only thing you have control over is your emotions and mental state. You can complain, cry, scream but it only makes you miserable or you can just laugh and hang on tight.

Why even get on in the first place? Roller coasters are exhilarating, thrilling, terrifying, and have non-stop suspense. You never know what' s around the next bend. Well... I'm sure you can guess where I am going can't you? I've said I wouldn't trade this experience- sounds weird but the ride is thrilling and when I am terrified I just put my eyes back on the one who has ALL CONTROL and it's not me(fancy that)- praise the Lord. I would probably have it stop mid-ride and I would be left hanging upside down not knowing how to get off. You see, it is simple just sit back and trust the One in control and experience the thrills of life. Trust His promises, take Him at His Word - He is faithful!!!

One of the neatest, thrillingist, funest, :0) experiences I've had on this ride is at the "P.J. and Praise Party" my church sisters had for me on Thursday. What a blessing - we had wild, crazy fun coupled with tender moments that I will cherish always. Christ was in our midst (Matthew 18:20) and He was honored by the faithfulness of the ladies that orchestrated the evening. One of my favorite moments was taking the Lord's supper - it was Thursday evening before Good Friday - how appropriate that we remembered our Saviour in this way.

I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to those who came and got crazy with me - they wore me out but it was a real good wearing out. I felt like I was in heaven - praising God with my sisters. My Dad heard us singing, from the other room, and said it sounded like angels singing. I have to believe there were angels singing with us!!! Another HUMONGOUS THANK YOU is for the gifts of love you gave me and my family - I was OVERWHELMED at the outpouring of your love. I have never had so many gifts and cards to open at once. I felt like it was such a representation of that wonderful verse in Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly BEYOND all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to HIM be the glory IN THE CHURCH and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever." He did beyond what I could think or imagine for the evening through His Church-YOU, my sisters!! "Blessed be the Lord God, God of Israel, Who alone works wonders..." Psalm 72:1 What a wonder He worked!!!!

No comments: