Friday, February 15, 2008

Making Headway

Well, one thing I've learned is you don't rush down to the local Wal-mart and get yourself a "brain surgery"!!! I didn't realize how much time it takes and how many people will be involved before this is all said and done. This week we have seen and/or talked to 5 different doctor's offices and talked with a counselor at the hospital. For those of you who know me well you can imagine how much I have enjoyed being on the phone or driving to Houston most of the week. I have a new respect for all the different roles people play to help us get good medical care. I imagine they deal with stressful situations and difficult people most of the week. There have been some really helpful, kind-hearted people along the way.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, still no date but we are getting close. We are waiting on the okay from the heart doctor (to determine if I have the heart for this surgery :) We expect I will get a green light from him some time mid-week. Next, we are waiting on the hospital to say okay bring her in. Lots of paperwork etc. there also. I hope to hear from them mid-week too. After that, I am assured a date will be set so... sometime next week I will post the date for all of you who are following this riviting story. Never thought I'd have my name in writing for all to see but stranger things have happened. ;)

Just want to say thanks again for all of you incredible, supportive people. I have had a foretaste of heaven in the fellowship, prayers, etc. I can't wait until we can all be together in that glorious place but... for now know that I love you all more and more every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy:
I wanted to write and tell you I am praying for you. I believe someone sent you Jerrod's story (my son). It is a journey there is no doubt and it sounds like you have exactly what it takes. Tracy, I would never choose this path and I know you would not either. But I do feel that through all the pain and fear, as a family we were allowed a glimpse into Heaven. The love we saw from the Father and from our brothers and sisters in Christ was amazing. I know you are experiencing the same. I just want you to know that we are on your side and will be in prayer for you.
With love,
jerry shelton

Tracy & Family said...

Jerry, thanks for the encouragement - not sure ifI have heard about your son but would love to know how to pray. I tried to email you but... it wouldn't go through. My email is in my personal info. Let us know how we can pray for you and thanks again. Tracy