Thursday, January 31, 2008

I STAND AMAZED

Well, I am finally posting my very first blog - thanks to my incredibly smart nephew, Brad, I haven't had to set all this up... just blogging is enough for this technically challenged lady.

Don't want to bore you with tons of details about visit to nuerosurgeon - (we went Tues 1/29) - he said basically the same thing as the other doctor - will be long and hard. I was kinda discouraged the rest of the day but... God had some talking to do to me. He led me to I Corinthians 2 and 3:16-23 and also Psalm 118 and 116. Here's a brief (hopefully) summary of what He reminded me:

1. I have the mind of Christ(I Cor. 2:16-"But we have the mind of Christ") - He is the Great Physician - dwelling inside me (great mystery- see I Cor. 3:16-"...you are the temple of God and the Spirit of God dwells in you") and He will direct me and my loved ones to the proper places, doctors etc. I have peace that He has put us where we should be.

2. He reminded me that I AM ALREADY HEALED ( not physically but spiritually- see Psalm 116:8"For you have rescued my soul from death...") - WOW - I don't have to fear anything - not this tumor - not death - not the thought of who will care for my loved ones .

3. On that note He reminded me that HE is GOD and I am not- He can and WILL take care of my precious ones before, during, and after all this is over. (Remember He took care of Matthew (my son) when he was held at gunpoint a few weeks ago- He was there watching over him - not me- Jer. 29:11- "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.")

4. I have an eternal gift - SALVATION-Psalm 118: 14-"The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."

I have a lot more I'd like to share but... I need to do some work. Thank God for my sweet parents ( I work for them) - they are supportive of me doing this at work -Thank God for Jeff's Godly boss and his sweet wife - they support him in being there for his family. God is amazing and He is providing for all we need. Thank you, sweet loved ones for your prayers, love, support, and concern - we are in a blessed place. I love you dearly. ( That's all for now - I'll be back to give you more than you ever wanted to know!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tracy, You are an amazing lady. I'm blessed as I read your prespective on this place you find yourself at this time. God is so good and He will see you and your family through this. I can not wait to see how He is going to use you and bless you through this.

Standing in prayer with the masses,
Lana McDaniel

Sandy Bingham said...

Dear Tracy & Jeff,
One of my favorite battle scriptures is from Isaiah 40:26 & 28
"Lift your eyes and look . .
So mighty is His power, so great His strength. Did you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, He created the remotest parts of the earth. He does not grow tired or weary, his understanding is beyond fathoming."

I pray that the Lord will be closer to you both than your very breath as you enter into this battle. I pray He will quiet you with His love as you watch Him in all His tireless power.

Trusting Him--SandyB